The Disability Law Initiative endeavours to realize positive measures for disabled persons in employment, education, barrier-free access, housing, financial services and related areas through legal advocacy guided by the enabling provisions of disability law. DLI provides the following assistance to disabled persons:
- Initial consultation with the affected disabled person;
- Communicating awareness to the affected disabled person of the enabling provisions in laws such as the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995 and the UN Convention for Rights of Persons with Disabilities for the issue they are presenting;
- Representation on behalf of the disabled person to the concerned parties and authorities for early resolution of the issue;
- Assistance with representation to Chief Commissioner / State Commissioners for Persons with Disabilities;
- Approaching the Courts (including High Courts and the Supreme Court of India) as necessary for directions to the concerned parties to provide the necessary facilities and benefits.